Martes, Abril 12, 2016

Kris Anino #TBT

Haha nahalungkat ko to sa baul while looking for pics for a friend's biopic hihi di nga! The truth is I was feeling tired after a long week and in a few hours back to work na! Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, I just need a picker upper and while browsing through my album I chanced upon these pics. Masarap balikan ang nakaraan lalo na kung masaya. 

Now I can just laugh about it and share the story. 
Hindi ako nahihiya na minsan naging stand up comedian/impersonator ako. I write my scripts, my jokes and gayang gaya ko "daw" si Kris Aquino sabi nila. Eto po yung extra kapal ng mukha days ko. 😂😂desperate times call for desperate measures. I was young, struggling and had nothing to lose. So every opportunity that came along! Go lang ng go!! 

When I entered radio, we would have these trade parties. May mga games and prizes for our valued clients. So instead of just raffling it off, we'd play "Who wants to be a Millionaire" kunwari hosted by Edu Mansanas, "Pera o Bayong" hosted by Amy Pares and Roderick Palatae and there's "Game ka na ba" hosted by Kris Aquino aka Kris Anino. I played Kris, I was only given a week to practice and imitate her. 

Akalain mo! People loved my act. Landed a gig for Philips Company, tuwang tuwa saakin si Sir Russ(from Philips and part owner of Mixfm). First gig ko was at Mandaya Hotel and people thought i was the real deal! Pinagkagukuhan ako haha benta in short! Then he brought me to Manila. Stayed in Manila Peninsula for a couple of days. They made me wear, Kris Aquino's clothes, thanks to Rajo Laurel for the havey look!! the best part?






I was co host to Edu Manzano, I performed in front of Direct Alquin, Comedian Gary Lising, Jaime Fabregas, Apo Hiking's Buboy Garuvillo among others. Towards the end of the show Edu Manzano revealed my true identity and held onto my hand, he said "This funny lady beside me happens to be a newscaster from Davao City", it was overwhelming, imagine THE Edu Manzano right beside me on stage! Yeah, I was a fan! After the show, celebrities I mentioned congratulated me, shook my hands and asked if I can perform with them daw. I declined because I had to go home to Davao and work as a radio newscaster. However, It didn't end there. I went back to Davao and performed along side Anton diva and Carole Banawa at Apo view Hotel. I was invited again to perform at Diamond Hotel in Manila for the SM group of companies road show! 

But at the same time my work in radio took off and ang daming raket at blessings from hosting gigs minus the impersonation. So, when Manila called for another impersonation gig, i begged off. Hindi biro magpatawa. Mas madali mag host pero ang pagpapatawa you'll need time and preparation. Impersonation is no joke, you need to mimic the celebrity, you need time to practice, look and talk like your subject. Lalo na si Kris Aquino, it's easy to make fun of her that time and exaggerate her expressions but it's another story to stay in character. Specially when you're not a big fan of the celebrity! Ang hirap na ginagaya mo ang taong di mo gaano kilala o gusto, lalo na nung kakaamin lang niya sa buong mundo na may STD siya. Kaloka! How on earth can you pull a Kris Anino after that issue. Still, I'm very grateful that a controversial celebrity like her gave me another source of income that time. 

No regrets. Just great memories. You know, these pics just gave me another reason to smile and count my blessings. Ika nga nila "Mahirap kumita ng pera". 


Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento